The best time to visit Japan is fast approaching. It is a time the famous national flower of the country, cherry blossom, is in full bloom, covering tree branches in hues of pale pink and white.
The Best Time To Visit Japan
The period between the second half of March and the first half of April is when Japan is the most colorful. Trees hosting cherry blossoms can be found at every turn in Japan. These places are both picturesque and offer vacation memories of a lifetime. If you are planning to visit the best spots to view cherry blossoms, it is recommended that you have ample time on your hands.
According to Los Angeles Times, Wendy Wu Tours offers an 11-day trip offer that covers every cherry blossom viewing destinations as well as other major attractions of Japan. For starters, it will be an amazing opportunity to climb Mt. Fuji, explore the Hamarikyu Gardens and visit the Shinto Meiji Shrine.
Best Spots To View Cherry Blossoms
- Okinawa: Nago Chuo Park, Nakijin Castlea and Yogi Park between mid January and mid February.
- Fukuoka: San Hou Park, Fukuoka Castle, Atago Shrine, Uminonakamichi Seaside Park and Nishi Park between March 25 and April 10.
- Osaka: Mount Yoshino, Heijo Palace between March 29 and April 12; Nara Park between March 28 and April 11.
- Hiroshima: Peace Park, Hiroshima Castle and Shukkein between Garden March 29 and April 12.
- Kyoto: Philosopher’s Path, Kyoto Gosho, Shirakawa, Maruyama and Heian Shrine in early to mid April.
- Tokyo: Shinjuku Garden, Ueno Park, Sumida Park, Meguro Park and Yoyogi Park between March 26 and April 11.
- Fukushima: Hanamiyama Park and Shinobuyama Park in mid to late April.
- Aomori: Hirosaki Castle and Ashino Park between April 22 and May 4.
- Hokkaido: Hakodate’s Goryokaku, Matsumae Castle and Odori Park between April 29 and May 5.